Today, we’re here with Adam New-Waterson, Vice President of Demand Generation at RevJet. He’s going to be sharing some of his experiences in Marketing.
- Could you tell us a little bit about the favorite part of your day? “I love when my Sales and Marketing team get the opportunity to collaborate with each other. Just getting to see the Sales people get to utilize the things that Marketing is doing, and us walking together on this journey to revenue is just a wonderful time to me.”
- You did not take the traditional role to become a marketing executive. Can you tell us a little bit about your journey? “Yeah, certainly. So I have a degree in Photography from school, I had never taken a single business class or marketing class, etc. I really had to teach myself how to do everything that I have done to this date. I try to learn something new every day and find new ways to do things.”
- When you think about ABM, I know some people get a little bit confused thinking about ABM as a solution or as a technology. What’s your viewpoint on that? “I think that Account Based Marketing is a way of gathering together several technologies in order to construct a really strong strategy for approaching your prospects.”
For me, ABM is a lot more focused on the strategy side of things than on the tactics themselves, but they certainly go hand-in-hand…not just one technology. – Adam New-Waterson
- Where we are today with ABM, where do you see that evolving over the next 12 months? “I think we’re going to see vendors and many more entrants into the market saying that they do ABM. But at the same time, I think we’re going to start to see people getting a real clear definition on ABM.”
- So you live in California, what would you rather do? Go surfing? Or go up to the mountains, skiing or snowboarding? “I’m going to go with skiing in the mountains.”
You can follow Adam on Twitter at @RevTechMkt
The post The Road Less Travelled to be a Marketing Exec: Interview with Adam New-Waterson appeared first on RevEngine Marketing.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Jeff Coveney